Case Study - Conference Organisers
European Haemophilia Consortium Virtual Conference
Conference Organisers deliver the annual EHC conference in a new city each year. In 2020 the conference was organised to take place in Copenhagen. However, due to the global pandemic caused by COVID-19, the EHC was forced to move the 2020 event online.
Conference Organisers were on hand to react promptly and efficiently to ensure that the conference would still be able to deliver on all of the key objectives. After several meetings with the client, sponsors and other key stakeholders, Conference Organisers proposed the Octa Virtual Event platform in order to produce a custom virtual event.
To ensure sponsors achieved comparable opportunities to the physical event
To build the platform so that the EHC community could continue to build relationships via the networking tools provided
To launch and monitor an open live chat function to allow attendees communicate with the entire audience in real-time
To integrate Social Media within the platform
To live stream Simultaneous Russian Interpretation and to ensure that the platform was bi-lingual for Russian speaking attendees
To deliver a smooth and professional virtual event with no technical hiccups
- 6 days
- 1,145 delegates
- 5 continents
- 93 countries
- 43 Remote Speakers
- 1,465 Exhibition Hall visits
- Virtual Studio Pre-recorded Welcome Video
- Hybrid conference elements
- Professional Audio-Visual partner
- Master Control Room based in Dublin
- Dedicated Live HD Stream
- Breakout Sessions
- Bespoke Conference App
- Creative Graphic Design
- Virtual Exhibition Hall
- Networking opportunities – Chat / Video / Group
- Social integration
- Simultaneous Russian Interpretation
- Live Polling and Q&A
- Immersive Gamification
- Dedicated Event Playlist
- Live Activity Feed
- Resource Gallery
- Pre-Recorded content management
- Session Recording
- On-Demand Session Library
- In-session Feedback
- Post-event reporting
There were 11 sponsors in the Virtual Exhibition Hall. Each sponsor had their own virtual booth where attendees could visit to learn more about the company, interact with their representatives (via chat or video) and download relevant documentation. Conference Organisers managed the relationship with each of these sponsors and provided all of the necessary supports on the booth builds.
- Delegate numbers tripled in comparison to the 2019 event
- Delegates from 93 countries attended the Virtual Conference
- 98% of attendees rated the Virtual Conference as excellent
- 100% of attendees said that the conference met or exceeded expectations
- A flawless technical delivery without a hitch
- The EHC maintained the connection between its global members through the platform interactive networking tools
- The EHC was able to share up to date information with attendees, therefore there was no gap in the member’s knowledge for 2020
- Sponsors benefited from 1,465 exhibition hall visits throughout the duration of the conference
- The EHC plan to host numerous virtual events with Conference Organisers annually following the success of this event
The conference was great! I really enjoyed it. It is a great way to keep being updated and in touch with this amazing group of people. I really miss you all and hope to see you next time in real life. The chat was nice and well used. great to also have some fun moments during it.
Thanks for this week. It was amazing!
An excellent conference
Thanks to the organizers for a superb online experience.
Thank you for the virtual conference. It was successful to maintain a link between us.
“It has been a pleasure moving our events online with the expert assistance of Conference Organisers. They looked after everything from start to finish. They built an impressive, bespoke virtual event platform and ensured a seamless live technical delivery. The team ensured that everything was looked after, giving us the opportunity to concentrate on the programme content and the confidence to enjoy the event. We were overwhelmed with the result and all of the positive feedback from sponsors, speakers and delegates alike.”
Amanda Bok: Chief Executive Officer, European Haemophilia Consortium